Curriculum Intent: What do we want to achieve?
We want children to develop a love for learning enabling them to become lifelong learners. At Bishop Loveday CE Primary we take pride in celebrating that we are all learners; and that every child can achieve their full potential. Through a rich, broad and balanced curriculum, our aim is to make all aspects of teaching and learning exciting, engaging and motivating; ensuring all children have the best possible start to their school life.
- provides a coherent, structured and ambitious framework for teaching and learning, which is motivating, engaging and appropriate for all
- Encompasses a wide range of subjects and opportunities for academic, technical, creative and sporting excellence
- Supports a culture of resilience and positive mental health and wellbeing, where every child is safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included
- Promotes children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Strengthens children’s capacity as an independent learner and develops their initiative, determination, and love of learning
- Equips children with the knowledge and cultural capital they need for future success
Subject leaders take a lead on the planning for their subject, in-line with the statutory national curriculum, ensuring that plans are constantly evolving in response to local, national and global contexts. We ensure current educational research and best practice informs our teaching and that approaches to ever-changing technologies are embraced.