School Ethos and Values
To prepare children for 'life in all its fullness' (John 10:10) by:
- Delivering excellence in education and achieving the very best outcomes for children and staff so that they can achieve their fullest potential.
- Working in partnership with our families and the community to provide an education that embraces academic rigour within the wider framework of spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional, moral and social development and enables our children to flourish.
OUR ETHOS STATEMENT
- Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
- The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
Our Christian values are embedded in biblical texts. Our children are familiar with the story of The Prodigal Son and understand how our Christian values are threaded within the text.
At Bishop Loveday School we belong to a community which:
- Shows love, friendship and forgiveness to all
- Values and respects everybody and everything
- Allows us to develop courage and unity
For all children to:
- Think, act and learn within a Christian ethos
- Learn and live as children in a safe and secure environment
- Develop a positive self image of themselves
- Become participators in, and contributors to, our global society
- Achieve their potential by receiving a curriculum that is stimulating, relevant and practical; enhanced by extra-curricular clubs and activities
- Be equipped with the skills to be a lifelong learner